Oregon Action has launched a statewide green jobs accountability campaign that will work to ensure that people of color and low-income families benefit from green jobs creation investment around the state. We propose the following equity standards for all public investment in jobs creation programs.
- 80% Local Hiring
- Family supporting jobs at 180% of minimum wage
- Healthcare for all workers
- Diverse Workforce: 30% of all hours worked will be performed by people of color, women, and the disadvantaged
- Minority and women owned contactors shall receive 20 % of total contracts awarded
- All new hires shall come from a certified training agent.